Relevant TRREE (Training And Resources in Research Ethics Evaluation) online ethics training courses. For all categories of researchers, the following modules should be completed :
- Module 1 – Introduction to research
- Module 3.1 – Informed consent
- The Nigeria module under the continents/countries category.
Below are stepwise guides and algorithm for the TRREE ethics training courses. Investigators wishing to obtain required ethics training certificates for the purposes of submitting applications for ethics review to NHREC could choose from either the CITI or TRREE trainings to fulfill this requirement.
How to register for the TRREE ethics trainings
- Click on http://elearning.trree.org/ to go to the TRREE home page
- On the home page click the create new account link to create your own account
- Upon filling the new account form an email will be sent to your email address immediately
- Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
- Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
- Now, select the course you want to participate in.
- If you are prompted for an "enrolment key" – use the one that your teacher has given you. This will "enrol" you in the course.
- You can now access the full course. From now on you will only need to enter your personal username and password (in the form on this page) to log in and access any course you have enrolled in.